Sunday, February 7, 2010

Croq-Télé / TV Snacks


This is the first recipe I'm trying out from Paris Sweets. I wanted to bring something to the Super Bowl party, and I had ground almonds on hand. The recipe was super easy, especially with the help of a food processor. The dough mixture was very sandy, but it came together easily enough with a good squeeze.



The finished cookies were crumbly, crunchy on the outside and slightly chewy on the inside due to the almonds. I toasted the ground almonds before incorporating it into the dough, which gave the cookies a nice nutty flavor. I especially like how the flavor of the butter (Trader Joes unsalted) shines through. These cookies are supposed to be somewhat salty (the recipe calls for 1/4 to 3/4 tsp of salt, but Dorie Greenspan warns that 3/4 tsp makes for a really salty cookie). I played it safe and added 1/2 tsp of salt, which wasn't salty enough for my liking, but the boyfriend thought it was just right.


The next time I make these, I would make the cookies smaller so they're more crunchy. I would also add more salt, say 1 tsp (I like my desserts more on the salty side, like Molly Moon's salted black licorice ice cream). A salted ground peanut version of this cookie would be brilliant, especially with Échiré smoked salt butter, mmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment